Friday, June 6, 2008

Beauty plus Talent

My beautiful friends are slowly making their exit from their short time teaching here on Saipan to go back to their homes stateside and back to school. Riki shortly followed Bev’s departure and I am finding myself struggling not to feel panicked or even be in a manic state to either try to convince them to stay (which probably wont work anyway) or to squeeze in as much time with them as could. This is just the nature of living here on Saipan. Good friends come and go and the ones left must go on holding on to the memories that everyone left you with. Simply put: It’s hard, nai!

Riki, you are beautiful and talented. Thank you for singing and playing for me during Open Mic Night. I'll miss you. Good luck with school and maybe I’ll see you, Bev, Brit, and Jessica in March 2009?

A special yummy breakfast with the girls! (May 10, 2008)

Beauty AND talent! (At church, May 17, 2008)
"Veggie dog, anyone?" (Sundown at Ladder Beach, May 9, 2008)

Vegetarians, Riki and Judith trying poki (Hawaiian-style sashimi) for the first time. (At the Abyss, May 8, 2008)

A smooch for the Old Man by the Sea. (April 26, 2008)

So kick some scholastic A in Loma Linda! I miss you, Riki!

Thanks for letting me share again.

The Beachcomber

3 comments:

Riki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"Aww, Beachcomber! I miss you guys SOOOO much! Everyone here is like 'bet you're so glad to be home' and I'm like 'well kinda.....' :( But school is calling...only 9 more days between me and a cadavar-can't wait. Hey guess what-Gbemi and Ade say hi. They went to the same high school that I did. I knew that they lived in Guam, but I didn't expect that we would know some of the same people! They were like 'you're so lucky you got to be with him this year, he's so cool!' (and how right they are) Sorry this is more like a letter than a comment:)
Much Cali Love, Riki
PS It's too cold here!"

The Beachcomber said...

Riki! It has been a difficult past few days since all of you SMs have now left. Crazy times, like trying to fit in EVERYTHING in the little time. Your house was in chaos with all the packing going on Monday night. Your roomies squeezed in as much activities as they could and it was enjoyable and crazy! Miss you lots.

Sorry I had to delete your comment and reposted for you 'cause you named me. I still want to be an anonymous blogger so please no names :). Send my love to the Daniyans (Funny how I've just showed MJ the pics of them visiting Saipan a few years ago!) and tell them I miss them lots. Kick some scholastic butts!

Warm Saipan hugs & lots of love, The Beachcomber.