Monday, September 14, 2009

Tropical Storm Choi Won 15-W: Not Too Bad

Tropical Storm Choi Won 15-W was upgraded to a typhoon yesterday afternoon at about 4:00 PM. Thank goodness that it mostly cleared Saipan as it intensified during its northwesterly movement. I woke up this morning and heard on the radio that we were already downgraded to a Condition 3 which means "all clear" and that I needed to report to work.

I only saw a few trees, like this palm tree at the hospital that went down from the high winds.

View from Navy Hill: Can you see the angry sea?
The ponding basin at the hospital was filled to the brim with water.

I gotta thank the boys for helping with the boarding up and the boarding down of our office. Here's Perry and Darrel.
Here's a video clip of the wind and the rain from Navy Hill.



There should be some interesting beachcombing in the next few weeks after the weather has calmed. Can't wait to see what washes ashore that can be added to my collection. I hope all of my friends on Saipan are safe and kept themselves dry during the storm. Take care now.

Ti napu.

The Beachcomber

3 comments:

Deece said...

Funny how condition III was worse than condition I. Was that you last night in Garapan? And also some weeks ago at Subway?

The Beachcomber said...

How about a formal introduction next time we meet, hey? Heeheehee!

Deece said...

Aha! Sounds good to me. :o) So you do know James! Lol.