Thursday, April 8, 2010

I do! I do!

He turned around holding
something sky blue and silver. Can it be?

I do! I do! A thousand times- I do!



So I got a call from one of the airlines saying that I needed to come down to their office. Good, I thought. I still had a postcard that was mistakenly mailed to my address and the guy it was intended for worked at the airport. After dropping off the postcard, I made my way up to the offices. I didn't know they had stairs behind the check in counter.

Immediately after walking in, a guy got up and addressed me formally by name.
Welcome, sir. So glad you could drop by! Joanna, please get Mr. (Beachcomber)'s gift.

How did this guy know me? I quickly looked at his name tag.
Uhmm, hey, James... I don't remember you, uhmm, being so tall! What's going on?

Sir, you are one of our elite members and we have a gift for you. Here it is, sir. Thank you for your continued patronage!

Wow! Oh, man! Hey! Wait.
Aren't you supposed to get down on one knee?


***
So I got a crystal candy dish. Cute. Italian. Classy. This particular airline has been exceptionally good to me. Last year I got bumped up to Business Class twice, and First Class once. They even gave me a seat right next to Daryl Hannah and her sister after we both dove Palau. (Yes, I saw my mermaid!) Pretty darned amazing. I was pretty ticked at the other airline last time I flew. Somehow I didn't get an isle seat and couldn't negotiate for a different one. I flew round trip sandwiched between two people to and from Atlanta. I usually sleep a good deal in the airplane and don't complain much, but I didn't enjoy that trip a whole lot. I have to admit though that my flying experiences have been quite good over all with both airlines. It was just a nice surprise to get such a fancy gift. I wonder if I will ever attain George Clooney's character's super elite status in the movie Up In the Air? I wonder if I'll sit next to a celebrity again? I wouldn't mind sitting next to Jessica (Anna Kendrick) or Vera Farmiga. We will see. I have another trip at the end of the month. Maybe I should carry my gift with me?

I think I'll give it to my BFF otherwise it will sit in my office filled with Original Ricola.

Ti napu.

The Beachcomber