Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tagged!: If I were a painting I'd be a Dali

Elle of Momentos de Passion tagged me as well a few entries back. I’ll indulge the tiny readership that I have with the following 45 questions about me, even though the answers may give a bit of my identity away as well. I’ll try to be as vague but fair as possible, if you would allow me. Thank you for letting me share:

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mother gave me my first name and it is a Chrisian name, one of the 12 Apostles. My father gave me my second name which is the acronym of the name of a protagonist in one of Harold Robbin’s books. There’s quite a contrast between the two if you knew how Robbins wrote his men.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
On the average, men cry about 16.8 times a year. I cry all the time and I am not ashamed, man! Hahaha! I welled up watching Definitely Maybe because I imagined myself having a conversation with my imagined daughter.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Handwriting is a lost art and when I was sixteen, I made it a point to learn to write like a draftsman (all capitals) for everyday, and one of my best friends gave me my first calligraphy books a year later. Thanks, Joey.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I like whatever’s turkey because that’s about all you can get here (I don’t like the swine), but when I visited Chicago, the roast beef and beef pastrami was a favorite.

5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

Not right now- too much drama. Hehehe! I’ll seek the science geek in me eventually.

6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Sarcasm? No! Never! Hahahaha! My best friend thinks even my straight forward answers are sarcastic. But it’s not true. I’m nice.

7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, all three.

8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I’ve been in bad wrecks, and being flung about in the air uncontrollably gives me flashbacks. I’d cliff dive though.

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Growing up, I liked Frosted Flakes, but now I like Just Right or Muselix. Fiber is your friend. Hehehe!

10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No, that’s why they’re all busted, and one of my self-nicknames is “The Destroyer of Shoes.”

11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Stronger than I’d admit to or maybe even believe.


I had the privilege of seeing Salvador Dali’s Invention of Monsters at the Art Institute of Chicago. It was quite haunting.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Rocky Road (It’s called something else if it doesn’t have the marshmallows, Elle). I always go back to the Road but if they don’t have it at the Dipper, I like Death by Chocolate or Green Tea.

13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes, but my best friend would argue and say her “big brown eyes”! Hahaha!

14. RED or PINK?
Red is my power color.

15. WHAT IS THE THING THAT YOU LIKE LEAST ABOUT YOURSELF?
Hmmmm? I can’t seem to get my life together right now but I know it’s just self doubt brought upon the standards of the world. So, I suppose it’s the self doubt. Working on it though.

16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
It’d be unfair to say since the feeling is most likely not mutual.

17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Like, with my own answers or their own answers? I’m confused.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black pants and black shoes albeit muddy from the rain.

19. Early riser or hit the snooze button?
Man, when did I start waking up at 4:30 in the morning? Is that part of aging?

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Gavin Rossdale’s Love Remains the Same & Dashboard Confessional’s Vindicated are on the playlist at the moment.

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, What color would you be?
Some dark hue of blue.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Hmmmm…a woman’s skin and hair, jasmine, raw and worked wood. I don’t know why Finesse does it for me too, but it’s probably because of the French woman in their commercials a few years back.

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
IM with Bev and the hotel’s lost & found attendant.

24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Tammy and Elle both sent this to me. They’re cool as far as I can tell, but honestly we’ve never met.

25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Tennis, cycling, MMA and boxing. Pacquiao VS De La Hoya, December 6th, baby!

26. HAIR COLOR?
Black (and more and more grey everyday).

27. EYE COLOR?
Dark brown

28. CONTACTS?
Need to get them.

29. FAVORITE FOOD?
Lots. I’m a big fan- The Destroyer of Food (another self-nick).

30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Most stories within scary movies usually aren’t that good and are predictable, and I am disillusioned by happy endings. Now, Message in a Bottle- THAT, my friend is a more realistic ending!

31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
In a movie theater, Batman- The Dark Knight

32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Red since I lazily opted for an iron-free shirt today (but I really wanted to wear my white with the stripes that wrinkles too easily).

33. HUGS OR KISSES?
I wish it was both…man, am I not good for both?

34. FAVORITE DESSERT?
I’ll devour any chocolate put forth in front of me; like Galactus ravaging a planet.

35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Hmmm…never really sent out one of these. I am not sure but I will bet Bev.

36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I’ll send this to Greg just to irk him.

37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
My summer list is a bit heavy that includes Jose Rizal’s Noli Me Tangere (Thank’s boss!), WM. Paul Young’s The Shack, and Coming Apart: Why Relationships End and How to Live Through the Ending of Yours by Daphne Rose Kingma. Sounds like fun, eh? Oh, curiosity got the best of me (also
Boni’s reports & witty repartees) and I picked up Twilight at the airport Borders too.

38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
My mouse, silly!

39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
I don’t have T.V. but the gym had the Democratic Convention on and I watched Chaos Theory on DVD.

40. FAVORITE Sound?
Waves crashing, birds singing, the piano or guitar, a pretty singing voice, fire crackling and laughter.

41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles (thanks, Dad!). I introduced my 4th grade class to Yesterday and that year it became my gangs anthem (Geez! Isn't that quite a loaded song for a fourth grader?).

42. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Miami Beach, FL

43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
If you mean talent as an inherent natural endowment, then no. I work hard at the things I like to do and with patience and practice I get to do them at a level that I am quite satisfied with. Hahaha! What a nerd answer! (Incidentally, nerd answers are inborn and not learned).

44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines (which by the way is Jose Rizal’s hometown).

45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Hmmm…Anyone I send this to since I haven’t heard from them in a long time.

Ti napu.

The Beachcomber

No comments: